There is no limit regarding the number of referrals you can have on your account, so invite as many friends as you can. Of course, Coinbase reserves the right to adjust their referral program as needed. You can monitor your referral history by visiting the reports page. Click ‘New Report,’ and then select ‘Referral History’ as the type.
Does the Coinbase Referral Program Have Limits?
The Coinbase referral program does not seem to have limits. You can refer as many users as you want to Coinbase. However, according to Coinbased, you may be limitted on how much referral bonuses you can receive. Please note that you cannot refer yourself to Coinbase and you should not try to game the Coinbase referral program. Having duplicate accounts or accounts that share financial information disqualifies your referral eligibility.
When Will You Receive Your Referral Bonus?
Coinbase referral bonuses are posted approximately 4 days after the referred friend completes the initial order of $100 or more. You can monitor your referral history by visiting the reports page. Click ‘New Report,’ and then select ‘Referral History’ as the type.
Why Did You Not Receive Your Referral Bonus?
Not following the steps noted above in the exact order could disqualify you from receiving the Coinbase referral bonus. Below we have listed some common mistakes that result in referral ineligibility.
- You did not use a valid referral link to open an account. As of May 2021, our Coinbase referral link is valid and will earn you $10 worth of bitcoin.
- You signed up with the Coinbase App. You must use a browser (on desktop or mobile) to open a new account.
- Your referred friend must use https://www.coinbase.com/trade to complete their initial order. Any orders placed on Coinbase Pro will not count towards the referral requirements.
- You did not complete your initial coin purchase or sell transaction within 180 days of opening an account.
- You have duplicate accounts. Coinbase has measures in place to detect duplicate accounts that share the same name and financial information.
Can You Promote Your Referral Link with Ads?
You may be tempted to promote your Coinbase referral link with paid advertising. Coinbase prohibits the use of paid advertising to promote your referral link. This includes, but is not restricted to, bidding or running ads on search brand keywords that include ‘Coinbase’ or any comparable variations. Using ‘Coinbase’ branded terms in your ad copy is deemed inappropriate. If you engage in such activities, all referrals will be null, and Coinbase will deactivate your referral link. Additionally, at just $10 payout, you will most likely lose money in advertising cost as not all clicks result in a successful referral.
Coinbase Referral Terms
- Your referred client must have signed up after clicking your Coinbase referral link.
- Your referred client must use https://www.coinbase.com/trade to complete their qualifying order; any orders placed on Coinbase Pro will not count.
- Coinbase referral bonuses will only reflect if your referee verifies their account, initiates a buy or sell worth $100 or more, and completes it successfully. It can be cumulative as long as it amounts to $100.
- It will take up to 4 business days for purchases to be complete. Payouts can typically be registered 10 minutes after.
- Duplicate and fake accounts are monitored closely, and payout referral bonuses won’t be credited once identified.
- When your referred client does not meet the requirements within 180 days of opening a Coinbase account, neither party will receive a bonus.
- Coinbase reserves the right to modify the Coinbase referral terms at any time due to changes in market conditions, fraud risk, or other possible reasons.
Why Sign-up with Coinbase?
Coinbase is the best-known broker for Bitcoin and the top cryptocurrency exchange in the U.S. The mission of Coinbase is to establish an open financial method for the world. They are dedicated to helping people convert digital currency into and out of their local currency. The simple platform of Coinbase is perfect for first-time buyers, especially if you want to buy cryptocurrencies using fiat money. With Coinbase, you can oversee your crypto portfolio, get updates for crypto prices, and set up recurring purchases.
Coinbase makes buying, selling, storing, and transferring digital currency relatively easy. Coinbase is free as long as you send or receive digital currency between online wallets, friends, or merchants on Coinbase.
Coinbase also has a comprehensive but straightforward interface – it consists of wallet exchange and merchant tools in one platform while providing top-notch security. For anyone inexperienced with investing in cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Coinbase delivers a sure route to learning cryptocurrency and growing your investments.
Final Thoughts on Coinbase
Coinbase sees cryptocurrency as the future of money and a catalyst for creating an open financial system worldwide. Coinbase is perfect for anyone who has little investment experience and wants to become a crypto investor. While Coinbase deals with over 25 cryptocurrencies for investment, trading, and even staking – the intuitive platform makes it easy for beginners to buy or sell Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ethereum. Coinbase also has Coinbase Pro, which is designed for advanced users.
Take advantage of Coinbase promotions to join Coinbase’s radical idea that anyone, wherever you are – can access Bitcoin easily and securely.
Have you ever heard of Binance – one of the competitors of Coinbase? Know how Coinbase compares with Binance in our article Binance vs Coinbase.