Cash App Referral Bonus: Where to Send Your Initial $5?
You should only send your initial payment to someone you know and trust. Previously, on our blog, we have offered to receive and return initial payments to users seeking Cash App referral bonuses. Unfortunately, this resulted in a lot of confusion, with some users requesting initial payments instead of making payments and others trying to scam our cashtag. We do not offer such service anymore, and we respectfully ask that you do not send and/or request payments using our email address. If you do not know another Cash App user, it may be a good idea to invite your friends to Cash App and both earn the referral bonus. In fact, you will earn more if you invite someone to Cash App with your own Cash App referral code and ask them to send it back!
When Will You Receive Your Cash App Referral Bonus?
You will only receive the Cash App referral credit when you send at least $5 to another Cash App user within 14 days of being referred. If you didn’t receive your referral credit, it’s likely that your phone number or email are associated with another Cash App account. It is also possible that you have signed up with a banned phone number. If none of these apply to you, you can contact support and inquire about the referral credit. The best way to contact the Cash App support is via the Cash App Twitter page. Note that you do not need to maintain a balance in your Cash App account to be eligible for the sign-up bonus. You can withdraw your cash app referral credit at any time.
Cash App Referral Terms of Service
There are a few things you must keep in mind about the Cash App Referral program.
- Do not try to open multiple Cash App accounts with different emails and/or phone numbers. Cash App can and will flag accounts that misuse its referral program. It is especially easy for Cash App to identify duplicate accounts if you provide the same bank account, debit/credit card, or social security numbers during the sign-up or verification process. Cash App will close your account if you violate its terms of service. Additionally, it is near impossible to remove funds from a closed Cash App account.
- This one is our opinion and not stated anywhere in the Cash App Terms of Service – so take it for what it’s worth. Send your initial $5 only to someone who you know and trust. In the past, some users have asked to use us for their first Cash App referral transaction. This resulted in a lot of confusion, fraudulent referral activity, and the eventual closure of our Cash App account (why we cannot accept your initial $5 anymore). Cash App does not provide reasons for account closures; however, we suspect that some of those accounts may have been flagged by Cash App, resulting in closure of our account by association.
Are There $100 Cash App Referral Codes?
We’ve seen all kinds of Cash App referral bonuses advertised around the web, including $20, $50, and $100. But as the saying goes, if it’s too good to be true, it probably isn’t, and yet, dozens of people fall for scams that promise them the moon. So far we have only seen $5, $10, and $15 Cash App referral codes. As noted earlier, Cash App referral bonus amounts vary between different users. Some codes are worth only $5 while others are worth $10 or $15.
Why Did You Not Receive Your Cash App Referral Bonus?
Did someone use your Cash App referral link to sign up but you did not receive your referral credit? There could be a few reasons for this:
- Sometimes the referral link does not apply your unique Cash App referral code to your referral’s account. The person you invite must manually enter the referral code so both of you will get the invitation bonus.
- Remember that the person you invited must send at least $5 to another Cash App user within 14 days of being invited for you to receive the sign-up bonus.
- You will not receive your Cash App referral bonus until the person you invited links a bank account or debit card to their Cash App account.
- Spam or fraud-like activity. If you open multiple accounts with different emails, phone numbers, or bank information, Cash App may flag your account and your referral bonus will show as “Failed”.
Why Use a Cash App Referral Code?
Driven by tremendous growth from Venmo and Zelle, more Americans are paying each other using peer to peer (P2P) payment apps than ever. As the number of apps offering P2P services has grown, so has the need to invest in marketing and customer acquisition. While the higher cost of user acquisition may be a heavy expense for these companies, it presents a great opportunity for new customers to benefit from their referral programs. The Cash App referral program is a quick way to make a few bucks even if you don’t plan to use the Cash App. Have you also heard of Acorns? While referral programs are on the rise, Acorns also takes advantage of this opportunity. If you’re interested to know more, check out this Acorns referral article.
Is Cash App Safe?
Yes Cash App is 100% Safe to use. Cash App utilizes a variety of safety features to process thousands of payments everyday. Some of these measures include:
- Encryption: Cash App has a level-1 PCI-DSS certification, which allows users to send money in the form of encrypted messages.
- Security Locks: Cash App is secured with a variety of lock mechanisms including PIN entry, Touch ID, and Face ID. Cash App verifies your identity every time you open the app.
- Coin Storage: When you purchase bitcoin with Cash App, your bitcoins are stored securely in Cash App’s offline system so that they cannot be accessed by hackers from the web.
- Disable Anytime: If you lose your Cash App debit card you can pause it instantly from within the app. There is no need to contact customer service to report your card lost or stolen.
- Fraud Protection: If you receive a suspicious social media message, email, text or phone call regarding the Cash App, or see a phone number that you believe is illegitimate, you can contact the Cash App support to report the incident. Cash App will investigate and take action if needed.
What Can You Do with Cash App?
Unlike competitor platforms such as Venmo and Paypal, you can do more with Cash App than just send money to your friends (See how Cash App compares to Paypal, Venmo, or Zelle). Below are some of the main features of the Cash App. For a full list of more fun things that you can do with Cash App, read our article 13 things you can do with Cash App.
1. Send and receive money
This is Cash App’s primary service. Both personal and business users may send and receive money. Just like Venmo or Paypal, you will have a unique username called a $Cashtag. This unique identifier enables users to pay each other quickly. Choose your $Cashtag and share it with friends and family. You may only change your tag twice. You can also pay someone using their $Cashtag.
2. Get a custom debit card
Use your debit card anywhere that accepts Visa, including online. Pay for goods or services from your Cash App balance with the card. You can also add it to your Apple Pay or Google Pay platform.
3. Invest in Bitcoin
You can buy Bitcoin using your Cash App balance. You may also sell Bitcoin you bought with Cash App. There are fees for both buying and selling Bitcoin-based on market volatility. See our article on the Best Ways to Buy Bitcoin in the US.
4. Trade fractional shares of stocks
You can invest in stocks either wholly or as a fractional share. For example, if you have $5 to invest, but a share costs $10, you can buy a fractional share and earn prorated earnings on your investment.
5. Save money
Using your Cash Card, you can get discounts at participating merchants. Just select the offer on your Cash App (Cash Boost) home page, make the purchase, and save instantly.
6. Make money with Cash App Referrals
The Cash App referral program is an easy way to generate passive income. You can share your Cash App referral code on blogs or on social media and get paid for promoting the app. There is no limit on how many users you can refer or where you post your Cash App code. You will get paid for every successful referral as long as you do not engage in fraudulent activity. Who doesn’t like free money? If you’re looking for other ways to make money online, check out our article on Ways to Make Money Online.
Now that you know how helpful Cash App is, you may be wondering how Cash App makes money. Learn about 10 ways how Cash App is making money in 2021 here.